Wednesday, October 22, 2008

(tagged by Jen... and all my friends that use blogs are already tagged. So I tag no one :( How sad.)

Definition of a quirk: Noun1) A peculiarity of behavior; an idiosyncracy: "Every man has his own quirks and twists." Harriet Beecher Stowe.2) An unpredictable or unaccountable act or event; a vagary: a quirk of fate.Rules: Link the person that tagged you. Mention rules on your blog. Tell about 6 quirks of yours. Tag a few fellow bloggers to do the same, then leave a comment somewhere on their blog to let them know they've been tagged.

1. I have an obsessive personality. Anyone who knows me - knows this. When I fall in love with something or someone, I fall head over heels. Contrary to popular conception – I never abandon these obsessions. They are with me for life. My current obsessions list is so huge that I can’t even commit it to paper.

2. Unlike Jen, who organizes her films by A-Z – my DVDs are actually organized by genre mostly. TV show box sets together, Musicals together, Dramas together. On top of this normal organization there are two shelves that are entirely devoted to Julie Andrews, Meryl Streep and Catherine Deneuve so that I can keep their stuff together. I started a mini one of these for Judy Davis and Emma Thompson too but they are sort of mixed in with Drama.

3. I can’t clean without music. It cannot be done. I actually find vacuuming and scrubbing and all of that very relaxing because I have my music in. I always try to procrastinate because I am the Queen of doing just that, but when I get started with my IPOD in – I am in heaven. I am a very tidy person – I don’t like clutter. I like things off of spaces and neatly in drawers. I like things organized and in their place. Now that being said, I also find incredible ways to make a mess. I forget things everywhere. I’ll take off my bra and leave it dangling off the front door knob if I get distracted by my dog or something. It’s a problem. :)

4. I’m a studious note writer. It’s terrible. Scrap paper is everywhere, always at work. I also have a habit of picking up what I’m doing if I have to leave for whatever reason. Like if I am taking a guest into the spa – I will pick up the pen I checked them in with, the stapler I was using to staple the paper… everything. Then I walk around with all these items and usually put them back somewhere where I will forget them almost instantly.

5. I lose things. I lose things ALL the time. I am so scatterbrained and I have moments where I sort of just ‘check out’ (as my friends call it). I am not – by the way – checking out. I am totally there and can repeat what someone has said to me – but I get sort of lost in my own little world of thoughts. My mind is always going – it never rests. Even when I go to sleep, I can’t just lay and go to sleep. I have to be dreaming up writing scenarios or enacting movie scenes that I have memorized.

6. I am a thief. I STEAL from actresses. I steal their hand gestures, their glances, their emotions and I meld them into my own work. Perhaps it’s nicer to say I borrow them and make them my own. I like that better.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Thanks for doing this! Glad to know I'm not the only one with strange quirks. ;)

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home