Saturday, August 23, 2008

Well hello world!

Today and for the rest of the weekend, I have resigned to cast away all of my own little selfish angsty thoughts and to have a really good time getting through the rest of the move.

Yesterday I had my 2 year review at work, and it went extremely well. I am so pleased and hope my pay is altered to my liking. I am also being given a little bit more room to blossom in to things that make me happy here, so who knows! I may even become less cynical about work. Wouldn't that be a change of pace?

My mom, granny and granny's friend came to get pedicures at the spa and I got to leave early from work to join them at the restaurant. It was really good fun!

We packed up the fridge (and I cleaned it out top to bottom which was a horrid, horrid job.) And moved all of our food and the rest of our dishes to the new house. One solitary loaf of bread remained for me to eat this morning. Well I didn't eat the whole thing! I did eat two pieces. This eating thing is for the birds let me tell you.

I am so excited about my living room at the new house and it doesn't have any of my old furniture in it yet. It just has the new leather couches and my folding screen. But the couch is so comfy that I can just imagine watching all 7.5 hours of Holocaust there. Weeeee! I'll have to do another Meryl order soon - but right now I am overwhelmed with all of the stuff I am watching now.

Catherine Deneuve better make a new movie soon or I will be forced to loop through hers again. :) Not that it's being forced - more like... bowing to an obsession.

My granny surprised me when I got to the house last night with the rest of my clothes. Inside my dressing room was a giant almost floor to ceiling mirror with antique framwork around it. I am sooo pleased. It makes my room look like quote the 1920 dressing room already, and I don't even have my makeup table in there or my dresser. I am just thrilled to pieces about everything.

When I get home tonight I have to pack up my undergarments out of my old dresser in to a bin and then *sniffle* my computer. And then tonight I'm off to Darcee's to meet her new puppy and to be an upstanding member of the theatrical society and hobnob with friends. I'm so not into hobnobbing right now. But I shall remain pleasantly elitist away from the crowd, give some wiggly cuddles to my favorite Darcee, pet her puppy and then head home. Tomorrow's an early rise for the moving truck!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home