Thursday, August 07, 2008

The weekend is over, much to my utter sadness. Pride was a gay ole time. I saw Mamma Mia for the third time on the Saturday, got flirty eyes from a transgendered person at the dance. Missed the fireworks. Laughed myself to tears almost every single night. It was a total good time had by all.


I am all crampy today which sucks, but at least it held off until after my pride weekend (unlike Kelly and Sarah who were crampy for the whole weekend - Kelly was fairing the worst)


So, my friends will recall that I have always been a crazy Meryl Streep fan - but the degree of fandom has increased largely after my multiple viewings of Mamma Mia. So, with Catherine Deneuve not having any new movies for me to obsess over - I have gone back to Meryl and am rewatching and watching her films. I ordered four I hadn't seen from Amazon and they are here and ready to watch now when I get time.
Prairie Home Companion is my new fave. I saw it years ago when it first came out and now I am loving it again all over. The soundtrack is blaring in my car. Noteable performers are Woody Harrelson and Johh C. Reilly - they both deserve gold stars.
And unfortunately the songs are so catchy I've been singing "Beeboparoobop - Rhubarb pie" on a loop. I haven't rewatched the whole film yet - as I had to go to sleep for early work last week when I watched it but I will definitely be watching it tonight, whilst I lay in bed after work with a heating pad.
No other new news to report. I have to do a wedding makeup tomorrow at Crown Isle after work so I must remember to assemble my kit tonight.
That's all the murder she wrote today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home